The Cozy Crop House annual yard sale will occur on May 19 and May 20, 2023.
Since 2009, we have been hosting a sale for our customers on the first weekend after Mother's Day, Friday and Saturday from 7AM to 5PM both days with only one exception. In 2020, due to the global pandemic, we held the sale online at a different time of the year. In 2021, we made some changes to allow for social distancing. We continued with those changes in 2022 and as it turns out, some of those changes made the sale more efficient so we're incorporating them in 2023, as well.
Here's how it works:
- For $15 you get a seller number. You will use this seller number to identify your items. This number and your price must be present on every item. (The fee can be paid through Venmo: kate-rothacker or may be paid by check - made out to Local Memories - and mailed to 31 W. Millport Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
- Bring your goods to the Cozy Crop House (CCH) in the weeks before the sale, up to 2PM the Wednesday prior (May 17, in 2023) and we will advertise, sort, display, and sell your items. You do not have to be present for the sale. (Merchandise can be dropped off during regular business hours - Wednesday and Thursday, 11AM to 5PM - or by appointment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about drop off.) We ask that merchandise not be dropped off prior to April 1, 2023 unless otherwise discussed with Kate or Gina.
- Your sales earn you credit for CCH - on stays, classes, merchandise, album imprinting, or gift certificates. We track sales by seller number in a spreadsheet in real time, so you get your total usually by Sunday night.
- We place ads in several regional newspapers and online sites. Word of mouth about previous sales has also brought shoppers from out of state.
- Additional options for sellers are:
- Sellers can choose to be on a list published at 1PM on Saturday of sellers going half-price on remaining items. Please ensure Kate or Gina is aware of your preference.
- Sellers can pick up their remaining items within a month after the sale or can have them donated to non-profit organizations we work with. Again, please ensure Kate or Gina is aware of your preference.
Guidelines for preparing your merchandise:
- Yard sale shoppers are looking for bargains, which means prices less than half off retail or lower will be the best sellers.
- No prices under $0.25, please. You can group items together as long as they are bagged or otherwise securely grouped.
- Your seller number and price tag or label must be securely attached to your item. With so many people handling the items, sometimes an adhesive label can be dislodged. A tie-on tag would be helpful on items such as totes or similar surfaces.
- PLEASE NOTE THAT AN ITEM WITHOUT A SELLER NUMBER AND PRICE WILL REMAIN UNSOLD. Sellers will be asked to claim any unidentified items after the sale.
- Merchandise can be new or gently used, but should be clean and presentable.
- Any paper crafting items are welcome, including: stamps, paper, albums, embellishments, mixed media materials (paints, inks, etc.), tools, storage, organization, die cutting machines, light boxes, etc.